Dr. Watson’s focus is the front of the eye. His combination of specialisations enables him to address the face, eyelids, tear drainage system, and the eye and cornea’s surface.
Dr Watson’s specialisations:
Laser vision correction (LASIK, SMILE, PRK/Surface)
Laser eye surgery uses laser techniques to change the shape of the eye’s surface, the cornea. Dr Watson is an expert in these techniques, having advanced fellowship training and more than 15 years of experience.
By altering the shape of the cornea, laser eye surgery can remove most focusing errors. It corrects short-sightedness, long-sightedness and astigmatism.
Refractive lens exchange
Refractive lens exchange offers the opportunity to minimise or eliminate dependence on glasses. Dr Watson uses the latest technology multifocal and extended vision lens implants with options tailored to your lifestyle.
Excellence in cataract surgery
Dr Watson uses the latest technologies and techniques to ensure a comfortable and pleasant experience for you while safely restoring more youthful vision. Additionally, underlying problems such as astigmatism, short-sightedness and long-sightedness are readily corrected.
- No-needle, painless gel anaesthetic
- Small, sutureless incision technique
- Latest technology cataract dissolve and remove
- Astigmatism-correcting lens implants
- Options for minimising reading glasses use – multifocal lens implants, blended vision
- Eyelid surgery including ectropion, entropion, blepharoplasty; lacrimal surgery – treatment of watery eyes; skin cancers around the eyes; orbital disease; botulinum toxin treatment.
- Corneal Surgery: Keratoconus treatments including corneal collagen cross-linking (CXL), Keraring and Intacs implants
- Corneal transplant surgery including partial-thickness DALK and DSAEK techniques
- Excimer and femtosecond laser surgical techniques
Ocular surface disease
- Dry eyes
- Allergic eye disease
- Traumatic and immune limbal stem-cell failure