Training and Principal Qualifications:
- MBCHB 1991
- Ophthalmology training Auckland
- Fellowship – (Vitreoretinal Surgical) Royal Manchester Eye Hospital, UK
- Fellowship – (Vitreoretinal Surgical) Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne
- Fellowship – (Cataract and Primary Care) Moorfields Eye Hospital, London
- Diploma in Refractive Surgery – Sydney University
- LASIK certified surgeon
- Vision Correction Specialist & Director – Eye Institute
- Former Clinical Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology – University of Auckland
Associations & memberships:
- Fellow – Royal Australian and NZ College of Ophthalmologists
- Member – American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- Member – Australasian Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (AUSCRS)
- Member – American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member – New Zealand Medical Council
Since achieving his Refractive Diploma at Sydney University, Dr Mantell has worked in a number of important roles in both the private and public sector health care. He worked as an Ophthalmology Surgeon at Green Lane Hospital for three years, and also trained House Surgeons, Registrars and Fellows at Green Lane Hospital.
As each cataract patient is unique, Dr Mantell believes in providing a totally personalised approach and always doing the best he can for all his patients. Each procedure, of which there are many possibilities, is customised to ﬁt your individual needs.
Dr Mantell's patients receive not only the beneﬁts of the latest surgical techniques, but his personal attention and support, before and after the operation. As a result, they experience a cataract procedure that is painless and stress-free. Nick is also a recognised provider for all major health insurance companies, meaning patients can experience hassle free claims and his team can organise prior approval for their surgery for them.